Build 1407. New feautures related with proxy entity

Odgovori
stivy
Postovi: 13
Pridružio se: Pet Feb 22, 2008 3:03 pm
Lokacija: Varna, Bulgaria

Build 1407. New feautures related with proxy entity

Post od stivy »

* Calculation of influences in proxy entity enabled for multi modal seismic load cases and for SRSS combinations.
This feature don't work correct with MMS load cases, and also is still locked for SRSS combination combined with other load cases.
Is this a bug, or I misinterpret this new feauture?
b.milan
Site Admin
Postovi: 2253
Pridružio se: Čet Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Lokacija: Beograd
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

How do You mean that is still locked ?

Can You be more specific about your statement - "this feature don't work with mms load cases". In this version, influences in MMS seismic load cases and SRSS combinations (including combination of MMS seismic l.c.) are correct for proxy entity.
stivy
Postovi: 13
Pridružio se: Pet Feb 22, 2008 3:03 pm
Lokacija: Varna, Bulgaria

Post od stivy »

Hello again, I hope these pictures will clarify what I mean:

Slika

Slika
stivy
Postovi: 13
Pridružio se: Pet Feb 22, 2008 3:03 pm
Lokacija: Varna, Bulgaria

Post od stivy »

Slika
b.milan
Site Admin
Postovi: 2253
Pridružio se: Čet Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Lokacija: Beograd
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

Seven pictures are more worthy than seven hundreds of words :)
Now it is all clear.

The feature related with proxy entity, introduced in Build 1407 is available for:
1) Multimodal seismic load cases and
2)SRSS combinations, includingSRSS combination of Multimodal seismic load cases.

I will put there some pictures explaining how he influences in proxy are calculated now in MMS an SRSS.


The feature related with proxy entity, introduced in Build 1407 is not available for:
1) Combinations of ordinary load cases and multimodal load cases
2) combinations of ordinary load cases and SRSS combinations.

The reason is - technical and logical.
It is impossible to integral, reduce to proxy cener and and subtract two different kind of load cases (ordinary and MMS/SRSS)

Let's take a look at your example, where is command of influences in proxy - disabled (intentionally).

I + MMS_X + MMS_Y

Let's say that we calculaed with 3 modal shapes. Then MMS_X is made from MMSX_1, MMSX_2, MMSX_3, and MMS_Y is made from MMSY_1, MMSY_2, MMSY_3.

Suppose we have to integral influences from each of seven load cases, including load case I (ordinary load case).
Suppose we have to reduce (translate) moments and forces from centroid of wall to axis of the proxy. Suppose that we have to perform square rot from sum of squares on some reduced influences and add hem to simply reduced influences, from ordinary load case. Of course that is not good, because we can not add some ordinal influence in always positive influence obtained from SRSS. That approach is wrong.


Second approach is immediatelly adding ordinal load cases to MMSX_1, MMSX_2... ...MMSY_3, and get I + MMSX_1, I+MMSX_2,... I+MMSY_3, integraling, translating and at the end performing SRSS on them. That is also technically impossible (for now) and it will be very, very difficult. we do not have combining with sub-load cases, yet (we are nort able to get
I+MMSY_3 combination for example).

That's why we disabled proxy for that kind of combinations.

For now, we provided correct influences in proxy entity for every single MMS load case and for SRSS combination (including combination of MMS load cases). We know that is not 'perfect' but it is a lot.
stivy
Postovi: 13
Pridružio se: Pet Feb 22, 2008 3:03 pm
Lokacija: Varna, Bulgaria

Post od stivy »

OK, I agree with that, that we've commented before. I will wait to see pictures to see what's new in this build, because the "influences in proxy entity for every single MMS load case and for SRSS combination (including combination of MMS load cases)" were correct in several previous builds.
b.milan
Site Admin
Postovi: 2253
Pridružio se: Čet Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Lokacija: Beograd
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

Here is the link to the document explaining this new features / correction of proxy (English language)


http://www.slingfile.com/file/qIlvIczIK7
Pedja L.
Postovi: 27
Pridružio se: Sub Maj 24, 2008 2:19 pm
Lokacija: Beograd

Post od Pedja L. »

Can you please refresh the link, or add picture directly to forum?
Thanks
Odgovori