Network version question?

Odgovori
vkrivoshiev
Pridružio se: Čet Nov 01, 2012 8:32 am

Network version question?

Post od vkrivoshiev »

hi again
i have one question about network version:

In our office sometime stop the electricity and computer who is Tower Server have spontaneous restart (although there UPS)
while on another computer that is currently working with program - program give error message and terminated
(search for HASP Dongle) and cannot save model changes.
Can you made : if Hasp dongle cannot be discovered, before program termination, to give option like Save As or autosave the model - and after to terminate the program?

I hope you do not bother with my questions.
I have little experience with programming with Embarcadero C++ (Borland C++ Builder).

eng.Vladimir Krivoshiev
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
Astrodome
Pridružio se: Sre Maj 31, 2006 7:58 pm

Re: Network version question?

Post od Astrodome »

Hi Vladimir,

Here is a solution for you, maybe it works also for Tower7:
If your server PC for any reason is down or restarts - normally the client PC witch runs Tower will give you message “No Hasp” or something else. You are unable to save your model.

Please DO NOTHING on client machines if Tower not terminates itself, do not click terminate Tower. Wake up your server PC, wait till hasp service starts on server. After that on client PC start another copy of Tower. In that case Tower will continue to works and you will not lose your unsaved model.

This solution works for Tower6 and also for ArmCad. I don’t have experience with T7.

Have a nice weekend.
vkrivoshiev
Pridružio se: Čet Nov 01, 2012 8:32 am

Post od vkrivoshiev »

Thanks for the advice.
I will try it.
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
b.milan
Site Admin
Pridružio se: Čet Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

vkrivoshiev wrote:hi again
...Can you made : if Hasp dongle cannot be discovered, before program termination, to give option like Save As or autosave the model - and after to terminate the program? ...
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Such feature requires placing some (equal) code at all places in source code where we implemented protection checks. This will compromise our protection and even experienced hacker will know where to look and find our protection.
On the other side, many of protection checks (checking of presence of the key) are performed randomly and parallel, without any knowledge of the program that check is in progress. So, we are unable to know when the program is about to be shut down.

Existing mechanism of Autosave in program Tower is useful for preserving all of Your work except last few minutes. Adjust Autosave timer to 5 minutes and Your losses due to unexpected failure of server or network or client, will be reduced significantly.
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
Odgovori