problem and suggestion in Tower 7

vkrivoshiev
Pridružio se: Čet Nov 01, 2012 8:32 am

problem and suggestion in Tower 7

Post od vkrivoshiev »

hi
Problem:
1.In export document in pdf with "DoPdf v7" the Digits in pdf from "30.1" - > "1.03" get some kind of rotation.

Suggestions
1.During the generation of reference for the group elements Windows constant focus moves to the window "generation". During this time the computer can be used to process otherwise.A proposal process is to be done in the background.
2.In Edit documents window - can be selected diferent language for current documentation, without go in Menu Options.
3.In window Library for spectrum diagram must be add options for insert diagram coordinate from *.txt or *.xls files.
4.In steel:design standards - > steel grade "S ???" in different solutions grade don't remember. Each time it must be choose.
5.If Generate English documentation (Tower 7 is installed with Bulgarian language) "Concrete" and "Steel" labels in doc is stay at Bulgarian language.
6.In Edit Document window can you add options selected row (in left side) to be moved with set value up or down.
For large records takes a long time a page to move from the bottom to the top
7.Can you make an option to export the 3D model in *.step file.
8.In steel results can you add text edit box for manual add forces.
9.In Profile Library can you add option to import data from *.xls file or *.csv file.
Is difficult to entered many profiles are not in the database such like American ANSI profiles or different standards.

I hope these remarks to be removed.

I use Tower 7 build 7203
eng.Vladimir Krivoshiev
K-Engineering Varna Ltd.
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
b.milan
Site Admin
Pridružio se: Čet Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Kontakt:

Re: problem and suggestion in Tower 7

Post od b.milan »

1.In export document in pdf with "DoPdf v7" the Digits in pdf from "30.1" - > "1.03" get some kind of rotation.
A: If in Document Editor You see this text correctly, and if You can print this text on actual printer correctly, then the problem is in this particular PDF utility. Try some other - i suggest "Bullzip" free pdf printer (http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php)
1.During the generation of reference for the group elements Windows constant focus moves to the window "generation". During this time the computer can be used to process otherwise.A proposal process is to be done in the background.
A: Good suggestion. We will try to change this behavior.
2.In Edit documents window - can be selected diferent language for current documentation, without go in Menu Options.
A: Good suggestion. It requires some mid-size changes in user interface. We will analyze this.
3.In window Library for spectrum diagram must be add options for insert diagram coordinate from *.txt or *.xls files.
A: Several users asked for the same thing already. It is not easy to predict what format of this input data will be used in *.txt and *.xls file. when we asked those users to send those *.txt and *.xls files, we saw several different formats have been used.
4.In steel:design standards - > steel grade "S ???" in different solutions grade don't remember. Each time it must be choose.
A: You are right. We know for this behavior. It is scheduled for fixing.
5.If Generate English documentation (Tower 7 is installed with Bulgarian language) "Concrete" and "Steel" labels in doc is stay at Bulgarian language.
A: Material names are user defined. If You use material named "Concrete XXX" or "Beton YYY" or "ZZZ", those names will be displayed.
6.In Edit Document window can you add options selected row (in left side) to be moved with set value up or down.
A: I did not understand Your suggestion quite well. Please, give me an additional explanation. Anyway, documents with large number of pages have to be repaginated after every change of block position. It could be time consuming.
7.Can you make an option to export the 3D model in *.step file.
A: No. Transfering our data structures to some other data structures could be very difficult, sometimes impossible and the actual benefit could be questionable.
A: I did not understand Your suggestion quite well. Please, give me an additional explanation.
9.In Profile Library can you add option to import data from *.xls file or *.csv file.
Is difficult to entered many profiles are not in the database such like American ANSI profiles or different standards.
A: The same as for Q#3

Note:
Tower Build 7203 is Beta Build, we are planing to release Build 72xx in second half of January 2013.
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

see link
http://picbg.net/img.php?file=fab2d43d63f16fb5.jpg

http://picbg.net/img.php?file=27c5648fffbd61df.png

New questions:
1.Can you made buckling of most common component sections like custom [] ][ 2L and more...
2.Can you made option block documentation Auto Fit to page,
becouse sometimes the diagrams are out of range of the page.
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

You're not absolutely right. Or should such an option or do you need to do database profiles more than it is now and put different standards. Form is clear , it can be seen in current window profiles.
Much greater error can occur when manually entering 200 profile than directly import.
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
b.milan
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

vkrivoshiev wrote:8.In steel results can you add text edit box for manual add forces.
This option is already implemented. See the User manual of Tower 7, Chapter 10.9
vkrivoshiev wrote: 6.In Edit Document window can you add options selected row (in left side) to be moved with set value up or down.
I am not sure why is Copy/Paste or Cut/Paste not convenient for You ? Just select one or more blocks with the mouse, right click on them and choose Copy/Cut, and then go to appropriate place in the left pane and with the right mouse click over the desired row chose whether to put selected blocks over or under the chosen place.
We plan to implement displaying of page number beside of block name in the left pane of Edit Document. That will be useful to find the actual page number and information if some block is at the beginning of the new page.
vkrivoshiev wrote: 1.Can you made buckling of most common component sections like custom [] ][ 2L and more...
For now, this is not in our short-term plans. Maybe later.
vkrivoshiev wrote: 2.Can you made option block documentation Auto Fit to page,
becouse sometimes the diagrams are out of range of the page.
Currently, diagrams are not considered as governing elements for calculation of block extents (dimensions). Governing elements for calculation of block extents are constructive elements. This produces pretty uniform pictures showing different diagrams. For instance, if we show 3 blocks displaying the same frame with diagrams of M, N , T - we will get 3 blocks with the same scale of constructive elements. This is the desired behavior.
In the case that diagrams become governing for the block extents we will get that every block showing different diagram will show constructive elements in the different scale - those blocks will be non uniform.
vkrivoshiev wrote: Form is clear , it can be seen in current window profiles.
Much greater error can occur when manually entering 200 profile than directly import.
Do You have such TXT files with all required columns for particular type of section (in proper order and proper dimensions) ? Please send us and we will implement them into auxiliary profile database and put this database into the installation package.
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

Please convert these excel files to Tower database:

AISC RHS http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=3c612d60c9
AISC SHS http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=94323f59cb

total profile is 495

radius r is zero because table I use that "AISC Shapes Database v14.0" this information is not.
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
b.milan
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

Sorry for the delay. I am bringing some good news.

We implemented clipboard copy/paste mechanism for profiles table and for some other tables in program Tower 7.
From the next Build of program Tower 7, it will be possible to copy some data from XLS (or TXT, or any grid-like formatted set of data) and paste it into a certain tables in program Tower 7.
User could simple copy to clipboard some data table-like formatted data and paste it to desired place at Tower 7 dialog. Tower 7 will automatically add desired number of rows and fill columns with pasted values.

In testing phase we used Your set of data for AISC RHS and AISC SHS profiles. We would like to thank You.

Of course, now we have Tower 7 profiles database file, containing those profiles.
Here is the link to that profiles database (for program Tower 7)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65433440/Tower ... 012.%24prf
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

thank you very much :D :D :D
This option will be very useful

Happy Christmas holidays
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

hello again
I prepared another table with AISC W Shapes profiles - table is ready for import to Tower (with arranged columns)
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=628f87dac5

total profile is 231

please import it in Tower 7.
thank you

p.s.For now these are the last sections that I would like to become part of the database

eng.Vladimir Krivoshiev
K-Engineering Ltd.
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
b.milan
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

vkrivoshiev wrote:hello again
I prepared another table with AISC W Shapes profiles - table is ready for import to Tower (with arranged columns)
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=628f87dac5

total profile is 231

please import it in Tower 7.
thank you

p.s.For now these are the last sections that I would like to become part of the database

eng.Vladimir Krivoshiev
K-Engineering Ltd.
Here are aisc w profiles database for Tower 7.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65433440/Tower_AISC_W.%24prf

Kind regards.
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

thank you very much
database is now almost complete :D
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

hi
I have more suggestions:

1.In window Design of concrete wall can you add option grid data for N,T and M to export to csv or excel file?
2.For Beam Design -> selecting reinforcement - > can you add option to check for minimum spacing between rebar?
3.For Beam Design -> selecting reinforcement - > can you add option for current beam to calculate
minimum percentage of reinforcement.

4.For define Beam and Shell elements for E modulus - can you add one more coefficent with default value 1.
For example, instead adjust the Е modulus to correct only the this coefficient. (as was done for the modal analisys).
This would lead to greater clarity in the implementation of E modulus.
Maybe this will require major changes in the program code and the way the recording of information in the file, but it will be very useful.

eng.Vladimir Krivoshiev
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

hi again

one more suggestion:
1.In window "Combination" can you make window sizeble - if i have more of 12 loads, i can't see all in one view.
Most engineers work on two monitors and window can be stretched to view more than 12 - maybe 25 to 30.

eng.Vladimir Krivoshiev
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
b.milan
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od b.milan »

Making dialog sizable is not a big problem but requires quite a lot of programming - it is necessary to determine the size and position of every button or control for every possible (and acceptable) size of window. Also, it is necessary to remember and recall the last size of the dialog.
We will think about this suggestion, thanks a lot!
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
vkrivoshiev

Post od vkrivoshiev »

I want to thank you and your team for the improvements in the new build 7219 of the program.
I am glad that some of my suggestions are now a reality. :D
K-Engineering Varna Ltd
Bulgaria, Varna
Odgovori