Problem with Tower 5.5

Odgovori
tbobev
Pridružio se: Pon Maj 25, 2015 7:35 am

Problem with Tower 5.5

Post od tbobev »

Dear colleagues,
I have a licensed copy of the application Tower 5.5 for several years. It has been working normally until soon. Last week, when I tried to start it I received the following error message:
"The specified key is not connected. Error: -512"
The hard-lock key was plugged-in and active. I tried to start the software several times without success and then I decided to reinstall it, following the instructions in the operating manual. Unfortunately I was not able to finish the installation – after the dialog window with the button “Finish” the same message appeared:
"The specified key is not connected. Error: -512"
After it a next message appeared:
"The specified key is not connected. Check the key, and if problem persists, contact program vendor and supply following error codes: ACE5-C326-6DAC"
Do you have any ideas how the problem can be fixed? Thank you very much in advance!
P.S. I tried also to manually install the Sentinel HASP drivers from the package provided in the Radimpex web site. This attempt did not change the situation. The same error messages continued to appear
b.milan
Site Admin
Pridružio se: Čet Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Kontakt:

Re: Problem with Tower 5.5

Post od b.milan »

quote="tbobev"]
"The specified key is not connected. Check the key, and if problem persists, contact program vendor and supply following error codes: ACE5-C326-6DAC"
[/quote]
This 6DAC at the end of the message is the signature of Hasp emulator.

This combination of messages (Error -512 followed with code XXXX-XXXX-6DAC) happens when installing regular Tower on the computer where cracked Tower has been previously installed.
Hasp emulator from the cracked version is still present and interferes with the regular Hasp key. In order to install regular Tower, Hasp emulator must be disabled.

The procedure for disabling Hasp emulator:

1) in Registry Editor find and delete those keys (usually, only one of them will exist)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vusbbus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\multikey

2) Find those files and delete (usually, only one of them will exist)
C:\windows\system32\drivers\vusbbus.sys
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\vusbbus.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\multikey.sys
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\multikey.sys

3) restart the computer and install Tower
RADIMPEX SOFTWARE TEAM
Odgovori